Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Fête

2nd May 2013
People wait all week for Friday, all year for Summer, all life for happiness. What we all want in life, to travel, fall in love and be happy.
 
I had a hard time waking up in the morning. You must be thinking if that happens always. Well, nope. I never fail to wake up whenever I'm out of country with friends and families. They probably need a longer while to wake me up that can easily take up to an hour or even more. It isn't that difficult afterall. Y'know what, I had a damn hard time waking up oversea with bf. I mean, this particular one only. I can snuggle under the blanket and dragged minute to hours. He tried to wake me up but I probably play deaf. I got a terrible mindset running through my head saying, "What can you do if I refuse to wake up! Drag my corpse into the shower or bring the shower to me?" I even did a smirk in my head with a Like-I-Care face. Rofl, hahahahaha.
 
 photo IMG_5390_zps0128dc88.jpg

#Breakfast at Le Fenix
 
Then we booked a full day cab to Safari World. In Bangkok, it can take up to an hour to drive out of Bangkok. Not all places of interest are located within hotel or shopping areas. If you gonna do some sight seeing, you have to hire a cab. There might be other alternatives to reach your destination but I prefer the easy way out when comes to travel. Time is equivalent to money when you travel. You won't wish to spend unnecessary time waiting away especially when you are able to shorten the travelling duration by more than one-third.
 
We paid 800 baht for hiring the driver. I would have paid if my day ended after 6pm, but it was not even a full day out. So we negotiated with him and settled with 800 baht because it's only one place. The driver would chauffeur us the the place and wait for us at the entrance till we are done. Definitely, you must roughly let him know the time you'll be done for the day.
 
8am to 4pm - 800 baht approx (1 place)
8am to 6pm - 1000 baht approx (1 place)
8am to 60m - 1500 baht approx (2 places)
 
The fare should not exceed unless you are willing to tip them. Make sure you only pay at the end of the trip and not at the beginning of the trip. It's always good to protect your privileges.
 
 photo IMG_5394_zpsc7c0df38.jpg
#With Tiger cub
 
It was a 45 minutes driveaway to Safari World (Click on the link for more information). I had a fun time with my gfs a few years back then. I brought bf to Safari World since he had not visited it before despite numerous trip to Bangkok. I may not travel frequently, but I'm good in researching good places of "my" interest. I love shopping but if I was given a chance to choose again, I'll still choose tiger over shopping.
 
 photo IMG_5401_zpsb3e87f06.jpg
#Hugging the cub
 
The staff was extremely friendly. Bf and I ald had our photos taken. The cute little cubs simply caught us in amazement as we watched the cubs from outside it's cage. You must be wondering if we are mad to be infatuated with tiger but I swear they are really cute. Then a staff approached me and encouraged me to give the tiger a pat. I was afraid and excited at the same time.
 
Then, he spoke to me in their language. I could not understand but he show me a friendly smile and gesture me to carry the tiger cub. He was teaching me the right way to hold and feed the tiger and I DID IT! It was awesome and I want to do it again even if I'm mad scare.
 
I hate cats but I love this big baby cat.
 
 photo IMG_5402_zps4175c5f5.jpg
#Hugging the cub
 
 photo IMG_5404_zpsf8cce069.jpg
#The pony
 
 photo IMG_5405_zps38fd9b54.jpg
#Freaked out by the pony
 
The pony was making rounds in its enclosure. Bf wanted to touch it and it was pretty obvious he was afraid to do so. We were browsing photos together and he claimed that he was waving to the pony. Oh so you believe him? Well, I DON'T. Only kids and girls wave to animals but not an old man in his late twenties.
 
We went to watch the Dolphin Show next.
 
 photo IMG_5408_zpsd5bab110.jpg
#Sea lion show
 
I always asked my friends what are the differences between sea lion and seal. They never fail to tell me that they are the same and under the same family tree. That's not entirely right. Read this article on Differences Between Sea Lion And Seal if you are interested to find out why. So, the ones that perform on stage are the sea lions.
 
 photo IMG_5423_zps2f1948a6.jpg
#Dolphins
 
 photo IMG_5424_zps12412a29.jpg
#Flyover
 
The animal performance is a great, definitely better than SG ones in my opinion. You can feel that the animals are happy even when they have to perform. There used to be a whale few years back when I last visited. I had been telling bf about it times and times again because I love whales especially killer whales. They look really cool and humongous to me.
 
Before the show started, bf and I happened to pass by a fossil of a whale on display in a glass box. Bf then joked with me, saying the whale had died. I thought that it was impossible even though the size of the fossil matches the one I saw few years back. They usually show us the whale at the end of the show because it's rare to find a whale in Asia. But...
 
There's no whale...
 
So... that fossil we saw... could it be??? I guess so.
 
Sad max, bf jinx-ed the whale to death. Huuuuuuuuuuuu....
 
 photo IMG_5426_zpsa5441357.jpg
#Deers
 
 photo IMG_5427_zps7342b9a7.jpg
#Jungle walk
 
 photo IMG_5428_zps379781bb.jpg
#Stalls
 
 photo IMG_5429_zpsbf1a6034.jpg
#Monkey
 
 photo IMG_5436_zps3208c2f1.jpg
#Giraffe and me
 
We made our way to feed the giraffe. I was mad excited about it because it's not easy to have a chance getting close to such animals with their height. They are tall and I'm tiny to them. Safari World has a platform for feeding and you can stay close and have a better view of these cute animals.
 
By the way, giraffe has black tongues. That caught me in amazement all time.
 
 photo IMG_5446_zps0da68f7c.jpg
#Awfully cute
 
 photo IMG_5445_zpseb856595.jpg
#Feeding
 
 photo IMG_5448_zps1090038e.jpg
#Banana
 
You can purchase a small tub of bananas for feeding at 50 baht. We bought 4 tubs because it's just so fun. Bf did most of the feeding. Like I mentioned, he had a problem with feeding and he just wanted to feed everywhere he goes as if he's the mother of nature. Sigh.
 
 photo IMG_5451_zpsdf9599b6.jpg
#In shades
 
 photo IMG_5456_zps2d6bc0df.jpg
#Walrus
 
Walrus is a relative of sealion and seal. Walrus has a bigger built and I witnessed one that could stand up to 2 metre tall. That was twice of my height.
 
 photo IMG_5461_zpsf21aeb34.jpg
#Ostrich eggs
 
 photo IMG_54621_zps37d806a8.jpg
#Incubator
 
 
We visited the World of Eggs. It was really cool because they displayed breeding of birds. You will find many incubators with different types of birds of different age group. They nurture the young before the small animals the survival skills.
 
 photo IMG_54622_zps704f8e5a.jpg
#Eggs
 
 photo IMG_54623_zps73c0fa22.jpg
#Cute birds
 
I love the blue one most.
 
 photo IMG_5465_zps39f87fd5.jpg
#Elephant ride
 
I love elephant but not when they are too close to me. Y'know, your size, my size, it's best that we should keep a healthy distance. My life is at risk. That's what I had been thinking. Bf wanted to feed when the staff actually allowed us to ride on it. Pathetic me was forced to climb onto the elephant back. There's no safety precautions made. I was hoping that bf could come up with me. I nearly burst into tears because I'm totally freaked out when the big animal stood on its legs. I knew I'm doomed. I was afraid to feed and move. The elephant kept blowing air into my face. Well, that's epic though.
 
 photo IMG_5469JPG2_zpsf03a446a.jpg
#Ice-cream w bf
 photo IMG_54691_zps5767c503.jpg
#Ice-cream
 
 photo IMG_5469JPG4_zps4e5e4909.jpg
#Big tiger
 
They have a small tunnel where you can walk through that lead you to a glass door in the enclosure. That's where you can have a good view of the wildlife animals.
 
 photo IMG_5469JPG7_zps024c8d33.jpg
#Old school Tuk Tuk
 
We took a bus to see animals in the wild next.
 
 photo IMG_2928_zpscaa46cc2.jpg
#In the wild
 
 photo IMG_2929_zps89abb44c.jpg
#Zebras
 
 photo IMG_2942_zps88761188.jpg
#In the bus
 
I was so tired that I fell asleep. Bf didn't even wake me up to see the animals. The weather was humid and unbearable. I was worn-out and tired as my heavy eyelids were closing. Then, I dozed off.
 
 photo IMG_2951_zpsf98fdf7f.jpg
#Sleeping tigers
 
 photo IMG_2953_zps4f7a645d.jpg
#Black and white
 
 photo IMG_2961_zps8002d381.jpg
#The boat ride
 
 photo IMG_2962_zps84391af5.jpg
#Me and bf
 
Then, we went for the boat ride. It was super duper boring. I should have save the money for feeding giraffes instead of this. There's no animal along the river except a stinky snake which had it's skin shed and left unattended.
 
Boring... boring...boring...
 
 photo IMG_2964_zps249dbe5c.jpg
#On the boat
 
We made our way back to Bangkok after we ended our day at Safari World. We wanted to visit Ice-Monster badly because their Mango Ice really taste good. We told the driver and he brought us to the wrong place. He brought us to a place for ice-skating. Language barrier, sigh. But anyway, the ice skate place in Bangkok looked 10 times better than what we have in Sg. You should take a look at it. They have neon light and cool lightings. The ambience is absolutely great for youngsters.
 
We made our way to MBK for early dinner as I was famised.
 photo IMG_2973_zps21606bd7.jpg
#Green Curry with sides
 
 photo IMG_2978_zps811afa94.jpg
#Tom yum seafood, Stir fried pork and Popiah
 
Then we made our way to Siam Paragon for finger food. We had strawberry cheesecake <3 p="">
 
 photo IMG_2983_zps52f14de3.jpg
#Strawberry cheesecake
 
 photo IMG_2986_zpsb473af47.jpg
#Mochi
 photo IMG_2988_zps66ff2068.jpg
#Great varieties
 
 photo IMG_2992_zps07fa1822.jpg
#Mango sticky rice
 
Then we packed Mango Sticky Rice back to the hotel for supper. It was a tiring day I slept like log. Well, I guess I sleep like log even when I'm not tired. I just wanna make myself feel better. Oh...
 
Have a great day.
 
Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: