Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Wanderlust

1st May 2013
It's like watching a snowstorm. You see the flakes falling, but you don't realize how they're adding up. Then suddenly, your whole lawn is covered. All these little things have added up, and you're my snowstorm.
 
It's a morning flight and I detest the feeling of grogginess, dragging my lazy body out of my bed. It's a tragic to me because I love to sleep. There's an article about woman needing more sleep than man. Read this article for more, Women need more sleep than man. I brought my baggage to bf's place and he unpacked my stuffs into his gigantic luggage. I went to Bangkok empty handed.
 
His awesome idea gave me the urge to mess things up. I appeared as if I didn't, but the truth is, I did. Not once but thrice. My clothes and necessities were lying all over the place back at the hotel and he just packed everything up obediently. Amazingly, he seemed to pack everything fast like a bullet train. Hence, I planned to upgrade my doings. I created chaotic mess for him and he finally made some noise on the 3rd or 4th day. I just continued pretending as if it was unintentionally. Actually, I hate mess too, but it's all for the sake of fun.
 
 photo IMG_2854.jpg
#At the airport
 
We took a cab to the airport and boarded the flight. I was dead tired during the plane ride. I cared less about my image and slept on bf's shoulder with my mouth wide open. I was grateful what I wasn't drooling. I realised my saliva was overflowing when I suddenly woke up from my sleep. Thank god, I swallowed the mouthful back before the awkward moment.
 
 photo IMG_5220.jpg
#Le Fernix Lobby
 
I could not decide between Le Fernix Hotel and Baiyoke Boutique Hotel. Hence, I decided on both since we were staying for 4 nights. It shall be 2 nights each. In my point of view, I preferred Baiyoke Boutique to Le Fernix.
 
Le Fernix is located at a buzzling area with pubs and clubs. Supper bed club is located right beside the hotel. Transport via cab, tuk tuk and BTS only. It's a far distance walk to the town area. The hotel's interior is good, sweet and nice. You have all the amenities in the room, which includes a music player. So, bring your iPod. We upgraded to the superior room and it cost about SGD120 per night (after discount).
 
Baiyoke Boutique Hotel is the hotel I stayed previously. I like this hotel for it's good conveniences. It's a walkable distance to Platinum Mall and located in the central of Pratunam market. Friendly staffs understand english and have initiative to help. The interior may not be as good as Le Fernix, but convenience matters alot.It cost only SGD50/- per night.
 
 
 photo IMG_5223.jpg
#Le Fernix Room
 
I wrote an email to Le Fernix requesting for an early check-in. We were granted an early check-in upon our arrival. It was all good, because we could save the time travelling back and forth. I don't really like the idea of leaving my luggage at the conceirge unless I have absolute trust in the hotel. You may check out the photos of Le Fernix. We headed to Siam Paragon after our check-in.
 
 photo IMG_5231.jpg
#Bf & me
 photo IMG_5232.jpg
#9th Cafe, Spinach Lasagne
 
Siam Paragon is way better than the Paragon in Singapore. It holds a wide range of brands within, from high end to mid range. It's probably a bit more pricey after currency conversion but they have a greater varieties.
 
We had our brunch at the 9th Cafe. Then we came across a really interesting dish. Spinach Lasagne. I've tried Beef Lasagne and maybe chicken. Spinach was my first try. I thought it's gonna taste really veggies, it turned out better than what we expected. Thumbs up for that. I'm feeling hungry as I'm blogging about it.
 
We went to Siam Ocean World, known as a hidden underworld because it was at the basement of Siam Paragon.
 
 photo IMG_5240.jpg
#Siam Ocean World
 
 photo IMG_5241.jpg
#Crab
 
The sight of crab made my hunger grew. I visited Bangkok few years ago and I remembered taking a photo with Ah Tard beside the crab. We were feeling famished and discussing about eating it because we were force to go on a hunger strike.
 
 photo IMG_5249.jpg
#Octopus
 
 photo IMG_5252.jpg
#In life jacket
 
We put on our life jacket because we were about to go for the Glass Bottom Boat ride. It's something that you don't get to experience in Singapore, so I suppose you should give it a try. Bf had a problem with feeding. I was totally clueless about the reason. He wanted to feed the animals wherever he goes. I supposed he spent his money mostly on feeding. You will realise and understand what I mean as you read.
 photo IMG_5254.jpg
#Prawns
 
 photo IMG_5255.jpg
#The touring area
 
 photo IMG_5261.jpg
#The Glass Bottom Boat
 
Bf bought a small bowl of prawns. I didn't want to feed because I dislike the fishy smell. I had no intention to touch the prawns. Well, not even the feelers because I was lazy to wash my hands. Then I realised it was mad fun to feed those fishes. The fishes are really smart. They followed the boat upon knowing that there's food for them. Each time you threw a prawn, they would swim in the same direction or out of the water just to catch their food.
 
I was happily holding the prawns by its feelers when one of it broke and fell beside me. It seriously scared the shit outta me because I rejected the feeling of touching it. It's hard and slimy and I didn't like it at all. I was very enthusiatic in feeding and the staff kept recommending me to watch the shark feeding show for at least 3 time. I had no clue of what he was talking about. Rolling on the floor laughing.
 
 photo IMG_5266.jpg
#On the boat
 
It was really awesome and amazing to see big stingrays (the size of the boat) and life-size sharks underneath the boat. The sharks were strong and big enough to turnover the boat.
 
 photo IMG_5268.jpg
#Fishes
 
 photo IMG_5269.jpg
#Seahorse Kingdom
 photo IMG_5275.jpg
#Staff at work
 
The staffs were trying hard to get a dead baby shark out of the tank. They were afraid to touch carcass and they had difficulty with the net. Bf kept correcting me that it wasn't a shark but a fish. Well, I couldn't be bother listening. It looked like a shark to me and I insisted that it's a SHARK. I DON'T CARE!!!
 
It's a shark.
It's a shark.
It's a shark.
It's a shark.
It's a shark.
 
Actually... I honestly think that it's a shark. Huuuuuuu... *Teary eyes* 
 photo IMG_5280.jpg
#BLEAH
 
This is mad cute. Awwwww, sweet.
 
 photo IMG_5282.jpg
#Shark Feeding Show
 
 photo IMG_5297.jpg
#Food container intruders
 
The divers were selective about feeding. The sharks lay on the seabed and watched the divers feed. They were patiently waiting for their turn to be fed when the food runs out. One of the shark invaded the container while the diver was not looking. It was mad cute with it's head in the container only. Sharks are smart animals.
 
 photo IMG_5299.jpg
#Me and bf
 
 photo IMG_5300.jpg
#Underwater
 
 photo IMG_5305.jpg
#Fish pedicure
 
 photo IMG_5307.jpg
#Dead skins removal
 
 photo IMG_5313.jpg
#Touch the animals
 
 photo IMG_5318.jpg
#Jellyfish
 
 photo IMG_5322.jpg
#Tuk tuk (1)
 photo IMG_53221.jpg
#Tuk tuk (2)
 
Nah, I don't really like pink. Unfortunately, that's the only colour of Tuk Tuk exhibited at the Ocean World. There used to be a gigantic tuna frozen in ice on exhibition but it could not longer be found at the Siam Ocean World. It's an eye opening experience because the length of Tuna measured longer than 2m. Luck is not shining on him, not me because I've seen it before. Rofl, I sounded like-a-bad.
 
 photo IMG_53231.jpg
#MilkSolid
 
Bf was forever talking about amazing stories on liquid nitrogen that freeze liquid ice-cream instantly. True, it sounded magical or maybe amazing. At the end of the day, it's the quality that makes the difference. The staff would pour the liquid ice-cream and mixed liquid nitrogen in to stir. Tada, that's ice-cream. It tasted good but it's just ice-cream to me and nothing special other than to watch the making process. The more bf made a big hooha about it, the more I wanna bring it down. Feels fun to do so.
 
 photo IMG_5324.jpg
#Madame Tussauds Museum
 
 photo IMG_5333.jpg
#Artist
 
 photo IMG_5334.jpg
#In Tuxedo
 
I'm really mad short. I caught a glimpse of the tuxedo on display and put it on without hesitation. Then I realised the length went way beyond my knee. I was glad it didn't touch the ground before I gonna look awkward in it. The tall hat made me look like a magician instead of a musician.
 
 photo IMG_5338.jpg
#Tuxedo and Hat
 
 photo IMG_5355.jpg
#Random photos at Madame Tussauds Museum
 
 photo IMG_5362.jpg
#My favourite character, Doraemon
 
 photo IMG_5365.jpg
#Making wax hands
 
This was a painful process for me. I did this only once in my life and yep, this is the second one I've tried. I did it in Hong Kong previously. That was a less painful experience because they repeated the steps several times. This time round was a painful experience for me because they dipped my hands into hot and cold water for a longer duration. They first dipped our hands into really cold water followed by hot water up to 65 degree celsius. The sensation nearly killed me instantly. Yep, the wax hands are with bf. He has a shelf above his desk and I never fail to joke about calling it the altar table. It's gonna be up there, I guess. How holy...
 
 photo IMG_5372.jpg
#5D Show
 
The 5D show was really boring. I was about to doze off when bf asked me if I was sleeping. I was dozing off but I denied. The next second, I was asleep soundly again. It was really-really-really boring and the Zz monster was chasing after me.
 
 photo IMG_5378.jpg
#Coca Steamboat Restaurant
 
Coca restaurant was highly recommended in forums about Bangkok. I was curious about it, so I told bf I wanted to try it out. I knew it was just steamboat but everyone was raving about the tasty food. We went for it and had a hard time searching for the outlet's location. It was right opposite Siam Paragon by the BTS. Turn right and walk straight after you exit. Turn right again when you are close to the end.
 
 photo IMG_5381.jpg
#BahKuTeh & Tom Yum flavour
 
 photo IMG_5385.jpg
#The meat platter
 
Overall, it tasted fairly nice, healthy and less oily in my opinion. It's worth trying since it was highly recommended online. Tom yum flavour was really delicious and I hardly had a sip of Bahkuteh soup base.
 
 photo IMG_5382.jpg
#Restaurant's interior
 
 photo IMG_5384.jpg
#Coconut
 
We brought our stuffs back to the hotel, took a short rest before we headed our way to Patpong. Our ultimate aim was not fake branded goods but the special shows. We were walking on the streets and the bouncers and staffs were grabbing my arms trying to pull me into their bar. There were plentiful Agogo bar and Gay bar along the street. It was an eye opening experience for me.

 photo IMG_5386.jpg
#McDonald for supper
 
I love McDonald's Samurai Pork Burger. We had the Samurai Chicken Burger in Singapore, but they have the pork ones in Thailand. That was really really nice and I hugged my big tummy to sleep that very first night. That shall mark the end of my Day 1 in Bangkok.
 
Have a great day.
 
Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: