Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Miles and steps

28th June 2013
A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
 
We had chicken rice again. Well, Malacca is famous for such food and this is recommended by bf's cousin. The restaurant looked pretty old and rundown, flooded with loyal patrons. Unlike the previous one we had, it had no fanciful chairs and decorations. The chicken was served chilled and the rice ball tasted better then the previous one we had. Unless you are looking at varieties, this would be a great choice as well.
 photo IMG_3854.jpg
#Chicken Rice
 
 photo IMG_3855.jpg
#Ochado
 
We bought drinks from Ochado. My main purpose was not to buy drinks but to repaint my graffiti. The staff cleaned a part of the wall. Fortunately, I painted several layers during my previous trip and it was still intact. Next, I gonna share a really classic event with you.
 
Bf drove from Malacca to Cameron Highland. It was half tank full at that point of time, so he thought that there was no hurry to refill the oil tank. Then, the amount of fuel decreased as time went by. He thought that it was time to pump petrol when he drove past a few petrol stations that turned out to be closed or under renovation. We had no choice but to continue driving in search of petrol kiosk. Unfortunately, there was none. Bf turned back and drove in an opposite direction when we were both in panic watching the empty tank display. Just then, he spotted one petrol kiosk from far. Thank god, we were rescued. Whew ~
 photo IMG_3859.jpg
#Century Pines Resort
 
 photo IMG_3870.jpg
#Room
 
We stayed at Century Pines Resort for the night. We booked that hotel in advance before our date of arrival. It was one of the best hotel at Cameron Highland even though the pictures are not convincing. Honestly, I thought so too (not convincing). Well, I had seen many other hotel along the way. Since then, I was absolutely convinced that my hotel should be rated 5 stars. I bet you got my message. Yep. Not to worry, the room was cozy. It was an old building, you can't expect much. Customer services was good. We were given a different room by mistake despite stated clearly in our receipt. The front desk staff was friendly and made changes accordingly.
 
 photo IMG_5816.jpg
#Restaurant
 
Cameron Highland was really cold and I didn't expect it to be so cold. I was trembling from top to toe like a dog shivering in the rain. We decided to have steamboat and ordered some side dishes. The dishes were delicious partly because we were famished after a long day. Bf had a tiring day driving in panic with little amount of fuel. Rofl.
 
I was grateful that the car survived, otherwise I couldn't have imagine myself pushing the car from behind with the strength of a mouse.
 
 photo IMG_5818.jpg
#Dinner
 photo IMG_5810.jpg
#Bf and I
 photo IMG_5811.jpg
#Cheese <3 http:="">
 
We had a scrumptious meal. Nope, let me correct myself a little. It should be, "Bf had a scrumptious meal." He did the clearance and pack all the food into his tummy. Yep, he's gaining weight and I think it should keep going so that I'll look slimmer than him. What an awesome idea!
 
 photo IMG_5823.jpg
#Night market
 
 photo IMG_5825.jpg
#Bits and pieces
 
My parents went on a trip to Cameron Highland previously. They went with tour due to the inconvenient transportation up the mountain. They did not go to the night market as it was only accessible with cars and bike unless you do not mind the far walking distance. It was really far, I swear and the walking depends on where you will be staying as well.
 
 photo IMG_5832.jpg
#Crowded
 photo IMG_5834.jpg
#Pancakes
 
 photo IMG_5841.jpg
#Honey
 
That was really cool and bf bought to try. We usually had honey in packages or plastic container unlike those unprocessed honey. The honey was fresh and sweet but I don't like the chewy web-like thing (don't know what is it being called). You have to spit that out eventually.
 
 photo IMG_5824.jpg
#Many people
 
 photo IMG_5831.jpg
#BBQ chicken
 
 photo IMG_5845.jpg
#Sea coconut
 
The local likes to eat and drink sea coconut. We saw queues and thought that it could be nice. We bought one to try and it turned out to be disgusting. The taste doesn't cater to our liking at all. Bf threw the entire coconut away. Sigh in despair.
 
 photo IMG_5849.jpg
#Doraemon
 
Yep, that was the Doraemon, bf gotten for me at the Doraemon fair. Happy max even though it has a big head and short body. Rofl.
 
 photo IMG_5847.jpg
#Marrybrown
 
We had a simple supper before heading back to our hotel for the night.
 
Have a nice day ahead.

Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: