Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Burn calories burn

4th May 2013
 Laughing is the best calorie burner that makes you happy.
 
We woke up early and headed off to the floating market. I hadn't been there despite this is my 3rd or 4th trip to Bangkok. My trip had been previously affected by floods leading to reluctant cancellation. Furthermore, it was out of the place. We hired a cab for the day.
 photo IMG_5540.jpg
#On the boat
 
 photo IMG_5544.jpg
#Boating
 
There was nothing much to see and do at floating market. You can probably take a look at the lifestyle of living above water. The water was really dirty and muddy. You can see local selling food in their boat and people showering in the water. I'm not sure if the water is safe for consumption.
 
 photo IMG_5555.jpg
#Coconut sugar
 
We stopped over to take a look at manufacturing of coconut sugar and products. It's like a mini-factory and they did the packaging all by themselves.
 
 photo IMG_5557.jpg
#Shops
 
You will be able to see shops selling souvenirs over the entire stretch of the river. The boat will stop over from time to time.
 photo IMG_5562.jpg
#Market
 
 photo IMG_5569.jpg
#Boat selling food
 photo IMG_5570.jpg
#Omelette
 
We didn't expect the food to be good since it was floating market. Well, the food turn out to be really good and cheap. Anyway, bf had it all. I'll save my space for something else for the night. Just in case, tummy ache attacks. He has a better immunity, so it's safer for him. Oh well, oh well.
 
 photo IMG_5572.jpg
#Pad Thai
 
 photo IMG_5574.jpg
#Buying drinks
 
 photo IMG_5576.jpg
#Temple
 
We did not enter the temple. We just glanced a little while from the outside.
 
 photo IMG_5580.jpg
#Souvenirs
 
 photo IMG_5581.jpg
#Cab
 
 photo IMG_5591.jpg
#Buffet dinner
 
We had our dinner at Baiyoke Sky Hotel. It was the tallest building in Bangkok. It goes up to 83 storey with an open air rooftop. The meal was great accept the strong winds. Hell no, the wind was like tornado blowing hard and strong. My hair was in haywire until I tied them up. It did aid a little but my fringe open up like curtain. The view was awesome but I have to be honest, the wind is too strong. Pretty ladies, you might not want to stay there for long if you wanna look good in pictures.
 
 photo IMG_5597.jpg
#Dining
 
 photo IMG_5598.jpg
#Night view 1
 
 photo IMG_5600.jpg
#Night view 2
 
 photo IMG_5613.jpg
#Baby and I
 
I was fortunate that I managed to take a good photo with my fly-around hair. Rofl, but that was after so-so-so many numerous shot. Laughs.
 
 photo IMG_5619.jpg
#Rooftop
 
 photo IMG_5629.jpg
#Scenery gazing
 photo IMG_5630.jpg
#Pratunam market
 
It used to be a daily market with daytime selling clothes and merchandise. It converts into food street after 5pm. I had not been there for years and everything changes. The food street seems to be missing. Awww, I miss the stall selling cheap and nice wonton mee.
 
 photo IMG_5631.jpg
#Selling clothes
 
We walked around before heading back to our hotel for a good rest.
 
Have a nice day.
 
Cheers,
Pzy

No comments: