Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Travel bug

3rd May 2013
Here's to the things left unsaid and the thoughts unexpressed. I've got the travel bug so let's breathe in the ocean.
 
I managed to catch some sleep and bf did not wake me up in the morning. We were lazing away under the blanket because we were dead tired. Bf never fail to crow at the break of dawn. Apparently, he was muted because he wanted to sleep. Thank god, I managed to sleep a little longer. I roughly washed up and went downstairs for breakfast before returning to our room.
 
 photo IMG_2994_zpsb93538ec.jpg
#Hokkaido milk and pudding from Siam Paragon
 
I jumped into shower while bf packed. I took my own sweet time so that he had a longer buffering time to pack the luggage. That dumb bf packed all my necessaties when I needed them. So I fooled around with him a little too. After using the product, I put it aside and he packed assuming I didn't need it anymore. I patiently waited for him to pack and zip up before kicking up a fuss saying that I need to use them again. He would impatiently open up his luggage to retrieve the stuff for me. Oh ya, that was fun to me. I did it for quite a few times before it bored me out.
 photo IMG_5471_zps1e6db388.jpg
#Grand Palace
 
Grand Palace was under renovation, therefore many areas had been closed down. There used to be museums and exhibition when I last visited. We entered the Grand Palace at Gate 3. You need to be in the right attire. Shorts are not allowed. Skirt below knee length is acceptable though. Otherwise, you got to rent a saraong upon entry. It costed 50 baht with a 20 baht deposit. You might get a beautiful sarong if you are fortunate. I got a rainbow one for myself. It wasn't that bad. The auntie did a wrap for me and tied a knot as fast as a finger snap.
 
 photo IMG_5473_zps46fa9862.jpg
#Tourists
 
 photo IMG_5474_zpsa32b4939.jpg
#The Grand Palace
 
The Grand Palace is a complex of buildings at the heart of Bangkok, Thailand. The palace has been the official residence of the Kings of Siam since 1782. You will see historical buildings of the olden days. You gonna be amazed about the process of building at those times with no technological help.
 
 photo IMG_5476_zps94aff0a9.jpg
#With bf
 
 photo IMG_5477_zpsae6788f9.jpg
#Paintings and Statues
 
 photo IMG_5481_zps162db67b.jpg
#Magnificent
 
 photo IMG_5488_zps4b7bf79d.jpg
#Rainbow sarong
 
 photo IMG_5489_zps251ed55c.jpg
#Bf and I
 
 photo IMG_5492_zpsf1d9b090.jpg
#The building
 
 photo IMG_5494_zpsdfc11284.jpg
#Prayers
 
 photo IMG_5501_zps43f1a14b.jpg
#Random times
 
We headed back to Baiyoke Boutique for check-in.
 
 photo IMG_5505_zpsb6ee585d.jpg
#Our room
 photo IMG_5507_zpse6a29436.jpg
#Interior
 
Yep, I was perspiring like mad at the Grand Palace. In fact, I was pespiring even after I boarded the cab. The weather was god damn hot. Super x 10000000 HOT activating my sweat glands. It was unimaginable. My legs were dripping wet because it was covered underneath the sarong. I can make a pile of water. My thighs were technically glued to the seat in the cab because my legs were all wet. Bf was in his jeans, I bet his legs were glued to his pant even if he didn't perspire. Poor me, wiping my legs dry on and on with my lazy eyes closing. The warmer the weather was, the sleepier I got. Snoozing monster.
 
I fell asleep eventually despite the horrible condition.
 
 photo IMG_5513_zpsfead32f7.jpg
#Before heading out
 
We checked in finally and I quickly got into shower. I smelled like BBQ pork and my body was absolutely warm. Apparently, I smell good after my shower. Muahahahahaha.
 
We walked to Pantip Plaza for A&W. I love A&W because there isn't any in Singapore. It's lame of me to love if for it's unavailability in Sg actually. I had the waffle fish. Hey, it was cool. I haven't come across a waffle burger yet.
 
 photo IMG_5514_zpse066da66.jpg
#A&W
 
Then, it was shopping time. I did manage to buy some stuffs but not much either. We were just making rounds and rounds. The good thing is, I got the shawl of the length I wanted in blue especially. Aww, that was nice. I bought a few pieces of clothings that I doubt I'll be wearing. Rofl. Then we had ice-cream at Swensen before making our way for massage.
 
 photo IMG_5520_zps20f866d2.jpg
#Swensen
 photo IMG_5525_zps8f497c53.jpg
#Tuk tuk
 
We took a tuk tuk due to the traffic congestion. Tuk tuk drivers are cool in my point of view because they rule and manage the road like a boss. There's no rule in driving and they just cut into alleys and across the road as much as they wanted. Dangerous driving definitely.
 
We went to Health Land Spa. You may click on the link for more information.
 
 
It was known as a medical centre that provide luxurious massage. They consist of vegetarian restaurant, drug store, herbal garden, library, massage and meditation room, and seminar corner for those who wanted to discuss health matters.
 
You got to make advance booking preferably a day beforehand. They have individual, twin and triple rooms. If you are heading there in group and you wish to enjoy the massage session with your friends, you may request upon booking. 
 
Health Land Spa is more expensive to the massage you can access at other places. Massages are performed by professionals and the ambience is luxurious. They provide shower and undergarments for hygiene purposes. It was worth the money I would say.
 
 photo IMG_5526_zpsfe43e5c4.jpg
#The lobby
 
 photo IMG_5527_zps4713c4fb.jpg
#Flowers
 
 photo IMG_5529_zps6721adca.jpg
#While waiting
 
 photo IMG_5532_zps34f7271d.jpg
#Seating area
 
 photo IMG_5535_zps8d2209df.jpg
#Twin room
 
The massage was refreshing and great. I'll visit it again if I have a chance. Highly recommended.
 
 photo IMG_5538_zps286c429e.jpg
#Supper
 
Pratunam Market had changed it's operation hours. It used to be a 24 hour market but they closed at 11pm plus now. Sad, we walked a long way down for supper. The price was unimaginably cheap. We ordered 2 plates of chicken rice with 2 bottles of coke. That costed us at only 80 baht which is approx SGD4 or less. It was dirt cheap.
 
 photo IMG_5539_zpsdc7c3983.jpg
#Pad Thai and Carrot cake
 
The taste wasn't to my liking but well, just try for the sake of trying. We then walked back to our hotel. Showered and slept early or the next day.
 
Have a nice day ahead.

No comments: